The Fralin Life Science Institute is pleased to offer the use of our auditorium to the wider university community. The auditorium accommodates a maximum of 100 people and can be used as a regular teaching space for classes throughout the semester or for one-off events. It has recently been refurbished with state-of-the-art, simple to use electronics for your convenience. If your event includes a reception and/or delivery of food items, you will need to reserve the Fralin Atrium in addition to the auditorium. No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
Please read the following information and procedures prior to making your reservation:
1. The Fralin Life Science Institute event space was equipped and is maintained without University support. Therefore the department making the reservation is responsible for operating the AV system within the auditorium. Please ensure you have an AV technician or someone capable of using the system with you at the time of operation. In spite of everyone’s best efforts, the AV system or the presenter’s computer may occasionally malfunction. Fralin Life Science Institute is not responsible for such failures or operator error.
2. It is the user’s responsibility to provide any additional equipment such as laser pointers and slide advancers.
3. No permanent markers are allowed on the whiteboards. Please use only dry erase markers.
4. The reserving department is responsible for ensuring that no damage occurs to our equipment and that space is left in a clean and orderly condition. Any spills on the carpet, chairs or damage must be reported to Fralin staff immediately. Any costs incurred in rectifying spills/damage will be automatically charged to the reserving department.
5. All spaces must be left in their original configuration.
6. No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
7. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email Debbie Hairston (email@example.com) as soon as you know you no longer require the space.
Booking is simple – please complete the reservation agreement below and send by email to Debbie Hairston (firstname.lastname@example.org).